Flattering the Boss
Tom:Good afternoon, Claire. How’s the baby?
湯姆:午安,克萊兒。寶寶好嗎?
Claire:He’s a handful, but very healthy.
克萊兒︰他讓人手忙腳亂,不過非常健康。
Tom:You know, you’re looking great. I’m amazed you were able to get back into such good shape so soon after having a baby.
湯姆︰妳知道,妳看起來氣色很好。我很驚訝妳這么快就從產后恢復好身材。
Claire:Oh, you’re too nice, Tom.
克萊兒︰噢,你人太好了,湯姆。
Tom:No, I mean it. You really look terrific. What’s your secret?
湯姆:不,我是認真的。妳看起來真的很棒。妳的秘訣是什么?
Claire:I don’t know. I have been trying to exercise a lot, I guess.
克萊兒︰我不知道。我猜可能是我一直試著大量運動吧。
Tom:Well, whatever you’re doing, it’s working.
湯姆:嗯,不論妳做了什么,都很有效。
Claire:If you keep this up, I’m going to start blushing.
克萊兒:如果你繼續這樣說,我就要臉紅了。
[多學一點點]
★flatter 奉承、討好
★flatterer 阿諛奉承者╱馬屁精
★be flattered 感到榮幸╱受寵若驚
例︰Kenny:You look so beautiful in that pink dress. (肯尼:妳穿那件粉紅色洋裝看起來真美。)
Helen:Thanks. I’m flattered.(海倫:謝謝。我受寵若驚。)
★handful 讓人手忙腳亂的人╱事物
例︰Our naughty puppy is such a handful.(我們家的頑皮小狗真讓人手忙腳亂。)
★get back into shape 恢復身材
0 個意見:
張貼留言
訂閱 張貼留言 [Atom]
<< 首頁